Saturday 16 May 2009

Egg

Well, today I had a go at some of the things on my list for my "idea box" assignment. I took a lot of photos of the boys in the garden with the idea of using the hedge as "texture" or the light for harsh light and so on, but those really didn't turn out well. I DID get my definite "an egg" photograph though, so I wanted to post it right away! Once I uploaded my photos to the computer, I realised I wasn't sure whether I should be leaving assignment photos unedited or not. Eventually I decided that I would NOT edit them in any way except to crop them. So, I think some of the lighting and colour and white balance and so on will look bad, but I want to get an accurate picture of how my photographs are improving over time as I complete the assignments and learn more about using light and exposure and such. I won't be able to see that kind of progress if I touch up the photos I'm taking early on to make them look better. So I'm leaving them pretty raw! Except for cropping - I'm letting myself do that where necessary!

I took two photos of "an egg" that I liked, so here they both are:


No comments:

Post a Comment