Sunday 5 July 2009

Reflection and Smooth

It's so late but I just had to post a sort of P.S. to the last entry here, to say that I did finally take a photograph to fit the two categories I missed from my first photography assignment. They are "reflection" and "smooth". The assignment is all about composition, not technical brilliance or anything, and while I attempted to compose the reflection one, it didn't turn out too well because it was blurry. I think I didn't have steady enough hands because it looks like the whole photo is blurry rather than just Nathan's movement. Oh well. I haven't got anything better, and I liked this photo for what it was, because Nathan was kissing himself in the mirror and being a cutie pie! :) So here's "reflection", blurry as it is:



And then for "smooth" I took a few photos of Nathan playing in the new pop up ball pit tent thingy I got for the boys recently. I was taking photos of them in there, and Nathan sat in the doorway at one point trying to ram a whole ball into his mouth while he gazed off somewhere (hopefully not the TV, but possibly!). It was too smooth for him to get a good bite on it, and that's when I realised I could photograph him doing that for the "smooth" category. So here it is:



Hooray! I completed an assignment! :) Now the next one is a portrait, just one single photograph, of one of my children. Or I guess a couple of them together? I don't know. I will have to re-read the chapter and see what the guidelines are, but I am not sure if I'll get to that before giving birth (3 days till my due date!). I'm eager to get further into this photography book though, so hopefully soonish!

Thanks for the encouraging comments here so far! I didn't really expect comments (or much interest at all really!) but they're helpful and encouraging and that's lovely! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. If you do take the portrait after babydot arrives then you should SO snap him for the portrait assingment! Then you'll not only have a newborn portrait like you're offered in hospital, but you'll have taken it yourself too! Plus we're all dying to see him! xxx

    ReplyDelete